Everything from 2013
- Exploring Color Theory with Blender
Using Blender, an open-source 3D rendering application, to explore colorimetry.
- The color of sloth
Busy times leave little room for blogging. Here's a quick news post about what's been happening.
- Publishers need better photography to stay relevant on the web
Is it time for publications to start hiring photographers who can write rather than writers who own a camera?
- The Chicago Sun-Times, Can Video Replace Iconic Photos?
The Chicago Sun-Times fired its photography staff in order to focus on video. Does video serve the same role as a still image? Why are there no iconic videos?
- Colorists have more fun—Photoshop’s missing color tools
Adobe's new Creative Cloud offers some high-end color tools typically used in video and film, but possibly useful for photographers.
- Copyright: How did transformative use become fair use?
A survey of the legal history leading up to "transformative use" defenses for copyright infringement
- Photographing Alaska through a dirty window
A few tips on getting better photos through old, dirty airplane windows